European Parliament Elections 2019 – how the parties in Estonia performed
Reform Party (REF) – two seats, Social Demostratic Party (SDE) – two seats with the most popular candidate, Marina Kaljurand at the forefront, and the Centre Party as well as the Conservative People’s Party of Estonia (EKRE) – one seat each.
Here is how the top 10 candidates performed:
Check the list of all 66 candidates and their votes HERE
Estonia has six seats in the European parliament. The country might take up the seventh seat and get one more MEP following a U.K. withdrawal from the E.U.
Here are the MEPs from Estonia:
- Marina Kaljurand (SDE) – 65,559 votes (19.7 percent).
- Andrus Ansip (Reform) – 41,006 votes (12.3 percent).
- Urmas Paet (Reform) – 30,010 votes (9.0 percent).
- Yana Toom (Centre) – 27,003 votes (8.1 percent).
- Jaak Madison (EKRE) – 22,823 votes (6.9 percent).
- Sven Mikser (SDE) – 2,886 votes. (received the excess votes from Marina Kaljurand)
- Riho Terras (Isamaa) – 21,474 votes (6.4 percent).** (gets in case of additional MEP place for Estonia)
New world record achieved in European Parliament elections in Estonia!
Out of all people who voted, 47% (155,521 persons) cast their vote online, making it the most popular method of voting. Compared to the EP elections in 2014, the raise of i-votes is almost 16% percentage points.
Percentage of i-voters among all participating voters in Estonian elections 20015-2019
Over 1600 EU citizens voted in Estonia in EP elections 2019. Read about the challenges that some of them faced here
Contact person in Estonia:
Tel: +372 53306868 | + 372 663 1507
Fb & Twitter: eGovAcademy
Address: Rotermanni 8, 10111 Tallinn
Founded in 2002, the e-Governance Academy (eGA) is a non-profit think tank and consultancy organisation: a joint initiative of the Government of Estonia, Open Society Institute (OSI) and the United Nations Development Programme. eGA creates and transfers knowledge and best practice in the area of digital transformation: e-governance, e-democracy and national cyber security. We make this happen through consultancy, training, networking, research and assisting you in the implementation of your e-government technical solutions